December is a busy month in our house. Preparing for the holiday, shopping for gifts, putting on the glitter and glam for those all important cocktail parties and events! Because we’re so busy with other family type stuff, we often forget about website maintenance.
Here are 4 simple tips to ensure that your business asset is protected!
1) Backup your database and your files. You can use a number of plugins (Backup buddy is a good one) to do this, or if you trust your hosting company, there is often a file and database backup utility within your cpanel.
2) Update plugins. This one is easy. Go to your plugins and look for any that need to be updated. All you need to do is click the update button and you’re done.
3) Make sure you have the latest version of WordPress. WordPress will tell you on your dashboard if you need to upgrade. Simply follow the instructions – it’s not difficult.
4) If you’re not using the akismet plugin, you can get it here – AKISMET . This will protect your site from spam.
A word of warning though, it’s always important to do a backup of both your files and your database BEFORE you perform any updates.
Got any other maintenance tips you’d like to share with the Women In Biz Network? Leave them in the comments below!
Join our community and sign up for the Small Biz Cafe Newsletter!
OPTIMIZE YOUR BUSINESS MODELTO SCALE
with Our Resident Business Coach & Mentor Natasha Mitchell
Over time your business grows and your original model may need adjustments.
We will discuss:
- Refining the value proposition
- Optimizing profit
- Structure for scale