Karyn Climans is the entrepreneurial spirit behind Tail Wags Helmet Covers, a company devoted to encouraging children and adults to wear their safety helmets. Karyn suffered a serious ski accident but fortunately she was wearing her ski helmet. The helmet saved her life! One goal of her company is to help prevent unnecessary injuries and it is her passion for safety awareness along with her imaginative flair that are the key ingredients for Tail Wags’ success.
How can your experience or your business help fellow conference attendees?
Passion is a very powerful tool for success and my passion for business as well as my company’s mission statement is contagious! If I can share some of my experiences (both good and bad) to help others grow their businesses, I’d be delighted. My personal mantra is “together we are stronger”!
What do you hope to take away from the conference?
Social media is becoming increasingly expensive and less effective for businesses as a marketing tool. I’m interested in learning from other business owners what they’re doing to market and promote their companies in a cost effective manner.
What do you think is our greatest social problem today? Any suggestions to solve it?
There are limited opportunities available for young people these days. Far too many of our youth are well educated but under-employed or unemployed. As long as we continue to offshore so many of our jobs and industries, things will become even more difficult and youth will become increasingly despondent. As business owners and entrepreneurs, we can make a difference in the lives of these young people by hiring and buying locally.
What is the most inspiring book you have read?
So many books have provided inspiration – it’s impossible to choose just one. What I enjoy reading most are novels based on true stories of people who have overcome difficult circumstances yet not only survived but also thrived!
Karyn Climans is attending the #SocialforGood Conference
About the #SocialforGood Conference
If you are a socially conscious individual, entrepreneur, corporation or non-profit organization you can’t afford to miss this conference! Please join us for two days that will evoke conversation, initiate ideas and inspire creative solutions to spread social good in your community and workplace.
#SocialforGood will have you dive deeper then you ever have before and will address:
- What a #socialforgood movement is and why it even matters
- Can a business really make a profit while doing something that makes a difference? Yes! Learn how!
- Ideas and beliefs by change makers and sought after experts.
- We will explore why investing in women is the world best social strategy
- Creative solutions to inspire change in your life, workplace and business
- How to Bring Authenticity and Integrity to Your Business
- How Creating your Business Creates a Whole New You
- How to raise money for your social business or cause
- The best ways to spread your message: Video, podcasts, public speaking, social media and more
OPTIMIZE YOUR BUSINESS MODELTO SCALE
with Our Resident Business Coach & Mentor Natasha Mitchell
Over time your business grows and your original model may need adjustments.
We will discuss:
- Refining the value proposition
- Optimizing profit
- Structure for scale