Teresa joined BACD in August 2012 and has been working with the board of directors and key stakeholders to re-enthuse BACD with many new programs and services. Teresa worked in over 5 start up organizations across 3 countries and moved to Canada in August 1999 to be part of a small start up in Toronto that specialized in Call Centre Staffing. After working in this industry for 7 years, she went to work for the Whitby Chamber of Commerce and spent 5 years there. Teresa loved working with the local business community and helping small businesses to be successful. At BACD Teresa works with clients on their strategy, marketing plans, business succession, business growth and to help them be successful! Teresa was also a business coach for the OSEB program working with new start up businesses for 3 years. In her spare time Teresa loves to read, teach yoga and volunteer in her community.
How can your experience or your business help fellow conference attendees?
I have mentored, guided and coached a number of business owners through my experience. I love to share knowledge and connect with people. I believe I am here to share and use my skills, knowledge and experience to collaborate and work together for the good of our community and to enrich the lives of all.
What do you hope to take away from the conference?
Connections, collaborations, aha moments, new knowledge
Teresa Shaver is attending the #SocialforGood Conference
About the #SocialforGood Conference
If you are a socially conscious individual, entrepreneur, corporation or non-profit organization you can’t afford to miss this conference! Please join us for two days that will evoke conversation, initiate ideas and inspire creative solutions to spread social good in your community and workplace.
#SocialforGood will have you dive deeper then you ever have before and will address:
- What a #socialforgood movement is and why it even matters
- Can a business really make a profit while doing something that makes a difference? Yes! Learn how!
- Ideas and beliefs by change makers and sought after experts.
- We will explore why investing in women is the world best social strategy
- Creative solutions to inspire change in your life, workplace and business
- How to Bring Authenticity and Integrity to Your Business
- How Creating your Business Creates a Whole New You
- How to raise money for your social business or cause
- The best ways to spread your message: Video, podcasts, public speaking, social media and more