I’m starting to realize that it is a learned skill that involves the quieting of my mind, and what I’m finding from a business perspective is that it helps me to see the forest through the trees.
I’ve tried to do it in a couple of different ways….
1) sitting on the floor with my eyes closed, listening to the external sounds around me, focusing on my breathing
2) walking in nature, taking everything in as I forge along my path
3) exercising and allowing myself to ‘zone in’ on my body, and ‘zone out’ on my thoughts.
I’ve learned a few things along the way…
1) it really helps to reduce my stress
2) it calms my mind so that I can look at my business as a whole entity without getting caught up in the many details. This helps me to define my direction and my priorities
The result? I’m beginning to see the forest through the trees!
Have you ever meditated to calm your mind? What are some of the ways you do it?