Last year at our annual conference we learned all about how you can make your passion profitable. This year we are focusing on developing that winning formula of Passion, Purpose and Profit through the #SocialforGood movement. We will help you examine what greater purpose your business serves and how you can market and grow that purpose into a mission driven business.
But the question is why should I care about a mission based on positive social impact within my business?
A business must know why they are in business and what good it serves the world. No mission, no focus, no business. Also, focusing on creating positive impact through your business brings in more customers and most importantly it makes you MORE happy.
Social responsibility is about more than just doing good. It can help your business as well. According to a 2013 Nielsen survey, 50% of global consumers surveyed said they would pay more for products or services from companies with social responsibility programs in place.
It also might help you attract better talent. In a study conducted in 2000 by Strandberg Consulting, 77% said “a company’s commitment to social issues is important when I decide where to work.”
- TOMS Shoes approach, where for every pair of shoes they sell, another pair is donated to a child in need.
- In SurveyMonkey’s case, 50 cents is donated for every survey completed when customers run a SurveyMonkey Audience project. The more Audience projects we run, the more donations are raised for their charity partners.
Here are some areas you should focus on:
- Make your Mission a Core Value
- Build it into the Business
- Involve Everyone – your passion will spread if you truly believe in what you are doing!
Let us Help you Join the SocialforGood Movement!
On May 25 & 26, 2015, with an incredible lineup of passionate speakers, the #SocialforGood Conference will evoke conversations, initiate ideas and inspire creative solutions to help you make a difference in your community. We will help you explore the important need or “cause” in your business and assist you with creative ways to market your services. Let us help give you the tools as a business owner to create a positive impact today! The 1.5 day conference will give you the courage and skills to take your business to the next level.
- Each attendee gets profiled on our web site so you know who is attending and can connect before you even show up!
- Reception, lunch and breaks
- 18 Sessions
- SocialforGood Expo
- SocialforGood Awards Ceremony
New this year is we will be honouring women across the country making positive impacts in their communities with the SocialforGood Awards – please consider applying or nominating someone you admire who is making as positive impact through their business activities. With our pay-it-forward option even new startups can afford to attend with our pay it forward offer of only $70 for two tickets – that’s only $25 a ticket – click here to register – we would like to extend this offer to you as returning guests! (Regular prices are $149 during early bird). Stay downtown in the lovely St. Lawrence Market Area for only $159 at the Novotel Hotel. The conference location – Telus House is a beautiful and inspiring location with roof top gardens that you can explore over lunch and breaks. It is a short walk from Union Station.
- Creating a Mission is the Key to a Thriving Business
- Building a brand and developing a Winning Business with a mission
- How to Bring More Purpose to your Business
- How Creating a Mission Driven Business Creates a New You
- Purpose Driven Networking for Sales
- What’s Your Why? How Your Story Becomes Your Mission
- Group Mentoring Challenge
- Developing a Winning Formula: Passion, Profit and Purpose
- Why the World Needs to Focus on Women and Girls to Strengthen the World
- Be Awesome: Bringing Authenticity and Integrity in Business
- 10 Steps To Create Your Profit Path
- Share your Message Through Social Media
- Getting over Your Fear of Video – Why being on Camera Lets Your Goodness Shine
- Be a Trendsetter – Start a Podcast
- Amplify your Voice – Public Speaking & Events
- Get Noticed! Write a Book
Having a business with positive social impact is good for business – here’s why:
- 67% prefer to work for socially responsible companies
- 55% will pay extra for products and services made by companies committed to positive social and environmental impact
- 52% made at least one purchase in the past six months from one or more socially responsible companies
#Socialforgood Conference speaker line-up includes:
- Helena Kameka, a musician, artist and comedian from Toronto, Ontario. Her career in music includes performances on numerous radio and television shows including “Good Morning America“, the “Canadian Country Music Awards“, and several Canadian national television specials.
- Jody Steinhauer is the President and CBO (Chief Bargain Officer) of the Bargains Group. A winner of the Canadian Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Canada’s Top 40 Under 40, and a PROFIT W100 Recipient.
- Krista Jefferson is a professional photographer who after finding herself in Uganda with her camera launched JustOne a fair trade organization that offers world changing fashion. Each purchase directly supports people around the globe struggling with poverty and brings awareness to their needs.
- Ann Douglas is the creator of the bestselling The Mother of All Books pregnancy and parenting series (over half a million copies sold in North America to date).
- Jeff Pulver is an Internet pioneer and TEDx speaker known for his work in growing the VoIP industry. A globally renowned thought leader, inspirational speaker and entrepreneur.
- Meghan Telpner is growing a global tribe of vibrant living advocates and her bestselling and award-winning book UnDiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health is creating a revolution in how people think about their health.
- Marissa McTassey is the founder and President of Moxie Trades Ltd.; a company that is a threat in the safety footwear industry. The company’s first product was the Iconic Pink Work Boot. Today, Moxie Trades offers a complete line of safety footwear, apparel and hardware accessories made exclusively for women and distributed throughout North America.
- Gillian Barth is Executive Vice-President of CARE Canada overseeing a wide range of programs, including water, health and environment, resource development, monitoring, human resources and external relations.
- Dev Ramsumair is Founder and CEO of Omni-Media and Entertainment, having been a creative force in the fashion industry for over 14 years. Dev’s latest project is The Global Change Initiative the first ever global summit on social justice, innovation and social enterprise. Taking place at Toronto City Hall Council Chamber, this global summit is supported by The City of Toronto, MaRS Discovery District, The United Nations, UNESCO among many others.
- Click here to see additional speakers such as Jennifer Beale, Erica Ehm, Shelagh Cummins and more!
Join us on May 25 and 26, 2015 at Telus House and add your voice to the conversation! #SocialforGood
Not a Women in Biz Network (WIBN) member? Become a yearly member, and attend the conference for free.
WIBN is also offering free childcare if needed, taking that stress away so you can get the most out of the conference! Don’t delay in registering as we are capping registration at 112 spaces. This will allow for amazing interactive sessions and opportunities that you can’t find at large scale busy conferences.
Leigh Mitchell, Founder of Women in Biz Network