The fall (excluding miserable November) is my most favourite season. The weather still lingers with summer, the leaves are turning bright, my birthday is right around the corner (I realize this likely doesn’t apply to all of you, but I’m in charge here) and, finally and most importantly, the clothes!
This fall is no different—ever since Fashion Week hit New York in February (that month’s only redeeming quality, speaking of miserable months) I’ve been counting down to go-time for slipping on my booties and crunching those pretty leaves underfoot. Really, it’s almost enough to distract from the rather bland, wet, summer we’ve had.
So, let’s ignore the weather for a few moments and get to it—my (and maybe soon-to-be your) most wanted for fall.
- Ankle Boots. The aforementioned booties—with a thick stacked sole these are super comf while still adding some height, and work a dream with pretty well everything in your closet (don’t be shy! I even wear mine with sweats).
sienna boot (shoemint.com $99.98)
isabel marant dicker boot (gravitypope.com)
rachel comey mars boot (gravitypope.com $435.00)
2. Biker Jacket. Punk can be classic and, paired correctly, surprisingly feminine.
zara biker jacket with zips (zara.com $249.00)
proenza schouler leather biker jacket (net-a-porter.com $2587.00)
club monaco delaine moto jacket (clubmonaco.com $595.00)
- Cream Cable Knit. Speaking of classics, it’s worth the money to do this right and, better yet, it’s cozy (think hugs).
acne lia sweater (gravitypope.com $149.99 – on sale!)
band of outsiders cable knit sweater (net-a-porter.com $550.00)
3.1 phillip lim zip oversized pullover (shopbop.com $858.22)
- Plaid. If grunge isn’t your bag (tell that to Saint Laurent), you can still give this a whirl—let’s call this haute plaid.
celine berlingot calfskin check (celine.com)
zara checked trouser (zara.com $69.90)
zara checked double breast jacket (zara.com $139.00)
- Pink. The runways were positively blush-worthy this season, especially in the outerwear department—if a coat is a bit too whole hog for you, then try a splash of rosy under that biker jacket you ran out and procured after reading point 2.
jcrew fall / holiday 2013 no.3 (jcrew.com)
zara cropped trousers (zara.com $59.90)
elizabeth and james colton coat (shopbop.com $858.22)
- The Black Bag. Again, a more classic silhouette, with some structure, that will hold for seasons to come—this can be a serious investment, but if you’re willing to deal with the post-purchase heartburn, I say take the plunge. Remember poppets, black is always in.
rag & bone studded pilot (rag-bone.com $1095.00)
zara leather bag with metal tab (zara.com $199.00)
3.1 phillip lim pashli satchel (ssense.com $970.00)