Bring Your Ambitions to Life
At CIBC, you’ll have more than a career. You’ll have a place where you can learn, grow, and thrive.
Let’s build the future of banking together.
- Be part of innovation – Our team works on transformational projects, such as migrating our e-banking into the cloud, allowing us to send real-time updates.
- Work with a range of partners – We partnered with leading companies like Costco, to become the official credit card provider in Canada for Costco Mastercard.
- Discover tomorrow’s market leaders – Our team supports start-ups and innovators to transform the future of banking.
Drive Community Impact:
- Make banking for everyone – ensure everyone has the skills, knowledge, and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of financial wellbeing
- Give back – Make a difference supporting causes that matter to you through our employee giving and volunteering program.
- Protect our future – Tackle projects that aim to create a more sustainable and equitable future for our team, our clients, our communities and our planet.
- Celebrate Your Accomplishments: Celebrate moments big and small – earn points to be used towards donations or gifts through our CIBC MomentMakers recognition program.
- Be rewarded for exceptional work – Celebrate the best of the best through the Annual Achievers Award. Each year, award winners and their guests are invited to take part in a conference at a luxury destination.
- Mark your milestones – From one-year anniversaries to retirements, we’ll celebrate all the milestones throughout your career with yearbooks, gifts and more.
Our Commitments to You:
- We do this for our team members by striving to uphold three employee commitments:
- We make your goals a priority.
- We understand where you are now, and focus on where you want to be.
- We empower you to excel every day.
- We enable you with the right tools, team, work environment, and leadership
- We appreciate you.
- We recognize and reward your achievements, and support your wellbeing
Benefits at a glance:
- Rewards and resources to support your short and long-term financial goals.
- 50% employee share matching plan
- Employee Banking Offer including free banking services, credit cards and more
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan that provides you with a secure retirement for life
- Resources to support your mental health and increase your resiliency.
- Mental health therapy covered at 100% and $5,000 per person per year
- Online and in-person counselling
- Shareable mental health video library
- Mindfulness education and practice tools
- Life ambitions
Programs that help you live your best life at work, home and in your community.
- Competitive vacation, leave and time-off programs
- Fertility coverage including IVF and surrogacy costs
- Coverage for gender affirmation procedures
- Volunteer opportunities to give back
- Physical health: Options to help you optimize your health and maximize your energy.
- Dieticians, health coaching and virtual fitness sessions
- Virtual healthcare app: The YourPulse@CIBC app to bring daily focus to your wellbeing
- Flexible medical and dental coverage
- Workplace ergonomic solutions
Inclusion at CIBC
At CIBC, inclusion is the cornerstone of our bank’s culture. This means that:
- Our team members and leaders reflect the clients and communities we serve;
- Our leaders promote belonging and leverage uniqueness as a strength. Team members are equipped to practice intentional inclusion, disrupt microaggressions and promote reconciliation;
- We deliver our purpose through financial inclusion by removing barriers to banking to advance social inclusion and economic prosperity for everyone.
- Employee-led People Networks: CIBC has ten employee-led People Networks that engage and connect over 25,000 members who participate in networking, education and career development opportunities. All employees are welcome to join, whether they are members of the community or allies.
- Gender-balanced leadership: Our journey towards gender-balanced leadership remains a top priority. Where unique targets have not been set, we aim to achieve or maintain 40%-60% representation of women across all levels. To demonstrate commitment, we are signatories to the Catalyst Accord, the 30% Club Canada Investor Statement of Intent, the UK Women in Finance Charter, and the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles, and are supporters of the 30% Club Canada and the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). CIBC also partners with Women in Capital Markets and 100 Women in Finance.
An equitable workplace for all
By embedding equitable talent management practices into our bank’s approach to human capital, we help create the conditions where everyone can achieve their full potential. We work with stakeholders across the bank to remove barriers to success and deliver on our 5-Year Accessibility Roadmap, Reconciliation Framework and commitment to the BlackNorth Initiative’s CEO Pledge.
We annually assess and refine our compensation programs – including pay structures – to ensure they provide a consistent compensation opportunity to employees performing the same job. These reviews help us proactively identify and address factors that could contribute to a wage gap.