I work with bloggers and review web traffic of sites on a daily basis so I am learning a lot about how sites get found. I wanted to share some helpful ideas for you related to our Member Only Tool Box. Here is a small snip-it of advice we have on our Women in Business Member Only Site for March!
Optimizing Your Website to Land More Leads
Here are some best practices:
When you write a blog post be sure to follow these practices
- Fill out the “Custom Document Title” (be sure use keywords for your business) – need help finding ideas ? Look at the pages and posts that are most popular on your site for clues . For example – our Mentor Her Biz Mentorship Program for Women Entrepreneurs is our number one page currently according to Google Analytics. I ensure I use words related to this when writing blog posts as I know this is something my community is interested in. Always think about what your customers are searching for and use headings with these words in your blog posts when possible. However, please make your writing useful and helpful to others ! As if they find you great – but we want you to keep them interested and you can only do that with good, useful content that is of service to your customers.
- Include a description in the description area – try to make it key word rich!
- Have a list of keywords that are specific to the blog post and your business services
- Use Google Analytics WordPress Plug In to see your traffic stats straight for your blog
- Use Yoast SEO WordPress Plug In ( I did find it slightly annoying)
- Add your Blog / website to Google, Bing (Please note Yahoo now operates off Bing) Search Engines
- TIP: Social Media Referrals – Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn get the most clicks to my blog posts and pages. Here is more suggestions:
- Facebook – between 10 am and 4pm Monday thru Thursday. 9 pm in the evening as well is a good time.
- Twitter – between 1pm and 3pm Monday thru Thursday.
- LinkedIn – focus on posting before and after business hours, 7 am to 9 am and 5pm to 6pm Tuesday thru Thursday.
- Google+ – 9am to 11am on workdays.
- Pinterest – This is the one social network you should focus on posting during weekday evenings and on the weekends. specifically 2pm to 4pm and 8pm to 1am on weekdays. The best time to pin items on Pinterest is on Saturday morning.