Sarah personally sent me an advanced copy of her masterpiece, and I devoured every last word. It’s exactly what everyone who has ever been stuck, confused, or downright unfulfilled, in their career needs in their life.
If you’re ready for a career that makes your toes curl, this book’s for you. Plus, if you want to see Sarah live do register now for our Enlightened Ambition Evening! Why?
In our goal-obsessed society, we can get so focussed on strategizing and striving that we lose sight of the WHY behind our goals. Enlightened ambition is about setting goals that actually feel good and tweaking or tossing the ones that don’t. It sounds so simple, but it’ll change your life.
Women in Biz Network and Shecosystem invite you to an evening of Enlightened Ambition with Careergasm’s Sarah Vermunt – REGISTER NOW!
Enlightened Ambition is a chapter of Careergasm: Find Your Way To Feel-Good Work, a hot new book about finding your way to feel good work by Sarah Vermunt. Sarah helps people set goals for their careers, but first shows them how to drill down and find out what they really want.
Here are 69 reasons that Sarah Vermunt’s book will give YOU a Careergasm:
1. Real world advice that’ll help you like Mondays again. #feelgoodwork
2. …and Tuesday through Friday too #TGIeveryday
3. Short, punchy chapters. #feelingaccomplished
4. A big ole’ [mason] jar o’ sass. #heygirlhey
5. Permission to embrace your inner toddler (spoiler alert: they’ll give you more career clarity than you realize). #koolaidgrin
6. “If you loved it when you were 8, chances are there’s something you love about it still”. #quotestoliveby
7. Authorization to lean into your obsessions to reveal clues about your passions. #loveyourwork
8. Oh, my shitty job(s) of yester years can offer clues too? #whenlifegivesyoulemons
9. Page 33. I’ll just leave that right there. #greeneyedmonster
10. And page 34. Did she just call us out on being full of shit? Yup. #authenticity
11. A reminder that the right workspace can, well, work wonders. #prettythings
12. Newsflash: Cosmo surveys and Myers Briggs can’t tell you what work will make you HAPPY. #realtalk
13. Breakfast Club reference. #the80s
14. “Passion begins as curiosity”. #wisewords
15. Pointing out our need for certainty is keeping us stuck. #elephantintheroom
16. Consistently being outed on our bullshit stories, excuses and ways we get in our own way. #checkyoself
17. Note to selves: Our bodies know what’s up. #listenup
18. It might be the final ass-kick you need to take your side hustle full-time #alldayeveryday
19. …or take that amazeballs opportunity across the country #allin
20. Advice about advice, and that we should be careful who we listen to. #doyou
21. Tips for facing our fears that actually WORK. #befriendthedragon
22. “Success and happiness are two different things, and one doesn’t necessarily lead to the other”. #dontgetittwisted
23. Why-didn’t-I-think-of-that rationale that thinking about worst case scenarios can actually make things better #makessense
24. “Because nobody fucks with Oprah”. #micdrop
25. Loving permission to stop apologizing for doing WHATEVER it takes #cantstopwontstop
26. Knowing there’s someone else out there that totally gets what it’s like when family and friends don’t support your career changes #inthistogether
27. Lady lumps. #mymilkshake
28. “Somethings like breast symmetry just don’t matter when you’re getting shit done” #lolz
29. to 34. My cat liked it #bartapproved
35. It pairs well with boxed wine and overpriced, over-narrated lattes #getyodrinkon
36. …and yoga pants #fancy
37. …and All-Dressed chips #getinmybelly
38. The author is Canadian #justsayin
39. …who quit a job harder than you ever have (93-pages-into-her-PhD.-dissertation hard) #ballsy
40. to 46. Shit. #yas
47. to 53. Fuck. #yasss
54. to 62. Ample use of the suffix “-ass” #yassssss
63. and 64. A cornucopia of food analogies #nomnomnom
65. Careergasm is on Kindle #savethetrees
66. When you’re done, you can still haunt Sarah’s blog. #yourewelcome
67. …or stalk Sarah on Inc.com #stalker
68. …or Entrepreneur #fangirl
69. …and take her free Careergasm Crash Course. #signmeup
About our Columnist:
Kamara Toffolo is a resume Writer, LinkedIn Consultant, and Job Search Strategist who helps established professionals DARE to do work differently and land great-fitting gigs!
Learn more about Kamara now.