Jenn splits her time between working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), blogging (frequently about ASD), and doing freelance writing and editing (sometimes on Autism related topics). She has a Master’s Degree in Canadian History and a passion for both reading and writing. She is a fierce advocate for children with special needs and works to further acceptance and understanding of neurodiversity.
How can your experience or your business help fellow conference attendees?
My experience as an advocate for children with special needs and the passion I feel about educating others about Autism and Neurodiversity is contagious. I love what I do, and love to share my knowledge about advocacy, writing, or life in general.
What do you hope to take away from the conference?
I hope to gain more contacts who also use their businesses as a way to help others.
What do you think is our greatest social problem today? Any suggestions to solve it?
I believe the greatest social problem is intolerance – be it religious, race-based, ability-based, or even gender-based. Intolerance breeds fear and hatred. It is very hard to combat, but I believe firmly that we need to start with education.
What is the most inspiring book you have read?
I find inspiration in every book I read. I don’t think I could pick one, though I do have a soft spot for books about Autism – the one I couldn’t put down was “”Bright Not Broken: Gifted Kids, ADHD, and Autism. http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/bright-not-broken-gifted-kids/9780470623329-item.html?ikwid=autism&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=1
Jenn Annis is attending the #SocialforGood Conference
About the #SocialforGood Conference
If you a socially conscious individual, entrepreneur, corporation or non-profit organization you can’t afford to miss this conference! Please join us for two days that will evoke conversation, initiate ideas and inspire creative solutions to spread social good in your community and workplace.
#SocialforGood will have you dive deeper then you ever have before and will address:
- What a #socialforgood movement is and why it even matters
- Can a business really make a profit while doing something that makes a difference? Yes! Learn how!
- Ideas and beliefs by change makers and sought after experts.
- We will explore why investing in women is the world best social strategy
- Creative solutions to inspire change in your life, workplace and business
- How to Bring Authenticity and Integrity to Your Business
- How Creating your Business Creates a Whole New You
- How to raise money for your social business or cause
- The best ways to spread your message: Video, podcasts, public speaking, social media and more