Here at Women in Biz Network, we value employers like Meridian for their commitment to diversity and inclusion. There are many reasons why we love Meridian but here are a few that we just have to mention:
- Meridian is a flexible employer with virtual work opportunities in many roles
- Meridian is committed to supporting the growth of girls and women with the Meridian Credit Union Women for STEM Scholarship
- Meridian has won numerous Employer Awards for leadership, community involvement, and much more
- Meridian has excellent Co-op and Graduate Programs
- Meridian empowers their people to think outside the box and bring new ideas forward (that will actually get implemented)
- Meridian strives to deliver a collaborative work environment that is fun and full of energy, built on a foundation of trust, diversity of thought, and inclusiveness
- Meridian has a long tradition of contributing to communities where they work and live, which benefits the health of the community for their members and employees
- Meridian is committed to a healthy and happy work culture with a promise to understand that your life is full of ups and downs, so they will always be here for you and have your back
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Meridian recognizes that each and every employee has unique strengths that add value to Meridian and its exceptional member experience. All employees are invited and encouraged to bring their whole selves to the workplace. Meridian does this through focused commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and connecting employees to the importance of volunteerism through our Commitment to Communities program.
Meridian’s workplace is one where differences are welcomed and where integrity, honesty, respect, and openness are all encouraged. A place where everyone has a voice and where everyone is heard.
Who we are:
Meridian’s dedication to helping Canadians goes beyond banking, it’s about achieving a better life! Thriving communities are essential to the individual well-being of our Members and the overall well-being of Canadians.
At Meridian, we’re committed to providing exceptional banking, services, security, and advice so our Members can get everything they want from their money, and their lives!
Find our story here: About Meridian
About this role:
The Online Banking Development team is tasked with developing, integrating and maintaining the software components and applications of Meridian’s Digital banking technology and infrastructure. The team’s function involves working closely with the Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, Digital Banking and Dev/Ops teams to develop quality solutions.
The successful candidate will design, code, unit test, document, implement, and provide ongoing support for web applications.
Candidate will be responsible for the rapid development, integration and deployment of web application for online banking solution that leverage cutting-edge development technologies.
The candidate must have a strong background in software development and programming.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement web applications for existing website, and other web-related projects.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks, including design, architecture, programming, maintenance, unit testing, and documentation of web based application
- Design, implement, and maintain the components required for complex application features
- Integrate third party software into existing applications and infrastructure
- Unit testing applications
- Providing ongoing support for deployed applications
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Experience working with the following:
- WCF, REST
- Angular JS
- Minimum of 3 years of application development experience in corporate environment
- Experience with relational database systems and usage of stored procedures
- Experience in mobile and responsive web development
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience in using MS SQL Database – Microsoft Entity Framework
- Experience in cross platform mobile app development – RactNative(Nice to Have)
- Experience with development of Web Services using WCF, REST
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to delight your candidates and clients!
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top organizations around the world
- Virtual and Flex work arrangements!
- This isn’t your typical “corporate” job. We work hard and we have fun!
Meridian committed to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to employing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities and Members in which we live and serve.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in Meridian Credit Union.
NOTE: To be considered for this role you must apply using the above “Apply Now” link. We accept resumes to keep on file but applicants considering this role must apply through Meridian Career Site using their official application process.