About our guest
Lolly Daskal is one of the most sought-after executive leadership coaches in the world. Her extensive cross-cultural expertise spans 14 countries, six languages and hundreds of companies.
As founder and CEO of Lead From Within, her proprietary leadership program is engineered to be a catalyst for leaders who want to enhance performance and make a meaningful difference in their companies, their lives, and the world. Based on a mix of modern philosophy, science, and nearly thirty years coaching top executives, Lolly’s perspective on leadership continues to break new ground and produce exceptional results. Of her many awards and accolades, Lolly was designated a Top-50 Leadership and Management Experts by Inc 100 Great Leadership Speakers for Your Next Conference and Speakers at your next event by Inc. magazine.
Huffington Post honored Lolly with the title of The Most Inspiring Woman in the World.
Her writing has appeared in HBR, Inc.com, Fast Company (Ask The Expert), Huffington Post, and Psychology Today, and others.
Lolly’s proprietary insights are the subject of her new book, The Leadership Gap: What Gets Between You and Your Greatness, and is available now.
After decades of advising and inspiring some of the most eminent chief executives in the world, Lolly Daskal has uncovered a startling pattern: within each leader are powerful abilities that are also hidden impediments to greatness. She’s witnessed many highly driven, overachieving leaders rise to prominence fueled by well-honed skill sets, only to falter when the shadow sides of the same skills emerge.
Now Daskal reveals her proven system, which leaders at any level can apply to dramatically improve their results. It begins with identifying your distinctive leadership archetype and recognizing its shadow:
- The Rebel, driven by confidence, becomes the Imposter, plagued by self-doubt.
- The Explorer, fueled by intuition, becomes the Exploiter, master of manipulation.
- The Truth Teller, who embraces candor, becomes the Deceiver, who creates suspicion.
- The Hero, embodying courage, becomes the Bystander, an outright coward.
- The Inventor, brimming with integrity, becomes the Destroyer, who is morally corrupt.
- The Navigator, trusts and is trusted, becomes the Fixer, endlessly arrogant.
- The Knight, for whom loyalty is everything, becomes the Mercenary, who is perpetually self-serving.
Using psychology, philosophy, and her own experience, Daskal offers a breakthrough perspective on leadership. She’ll take you inside some of the most cloistered boardrooms, let you in on deeply personal conversations with industry leaders, and introduce you to luminaries who’ve changed the world. Her insights will help you rethink everything you know to become the leader you truly want to be.
LOLLY, Tell us about your business
Lead From Within is a global leadership consultancy firm.
What is your best advice to have a life and business based on the Thrive philosophy?
1. Find out what matters to you.
2. Don’t compromise what is important to you.
3. Choose greatness in every decision.
Links referenced in the podcast:
About our Podcast
Our podcast focuses on 4 pillars
- Leadership & Learning
- Spirituality & Healthy Living
- Fun & Financial Well-Being
- Compassion & Community
The @ThriveinmyLife Podcast is for anyone who loves learning and being inspired by community leaders who thrive in their work and play. The goal of the podcast is to inspire, share tools, resources and ideas in supporting our professional and personal lives. The topics discussed are centered on Compassion/Community, Healthy Living/ Spirituality, Financial Well-being/Fun and Leading/Learning. Show us how you thrive in your life …. share your videos, blogs and pictures and hashtag with #thriveinmylife