Your Hosts Join WIBN Members, Leigh Mitchell and WIBN member Ellissa White aka @couturePRgirl who will be leading the chat. Ellissa was recently consulting as the Head of Media for Vancouver Fashion Week and has spent the last 10 years in London, England studying and working in the fashion industry. She has been populating our pinterest boards over the last week, have a look as there are some great tips!
1. Sign in to Twubs or Tweet Chat
or Signup with Twitter if you don’t have an account. Our login securely authenticates you with Twitter. Once authenticated, you will be returned directly to one of the plat forms
2. Choose hashtag to follow.
Hashtags identify specific topics and those hashtags allow TweetChat to connect you with people talking about similar things. TweetChat helps put your blinders on to the Twitter-sphere while you monitor and chat about one topic. Choosing a hashtag directs you to a TweetChat room. Our Hashtag is #WIBN and we have a weekly twitter chat at 10 am PAC and 1 pm EST on Thursdays
3. Converse in real-time.
Each tweet automatically gets the hashtag added and the room auto-updates. You can use the “User Control” area to feature people you like or to block spammers. “Smart pausing” has been added so when you scroll down the page, it will not refresh, helping you avoid replying to the wrong person.
Why Should I bother?
- Develop relationships with twitter followers in your area of interest or expertise
- Gain new twitter followers
- Increase your Klout score by frequently tweeting on a regular basis – my score has gone up 5 points since I started twitter chats this month
- Become known as an expert by hosting your own twitter chat
- I have personally landed new sales from participating in twitter chats
- Unique and friendly way to publicize what you are working on
- Get tips and advice on subjects – and ask specific questions of experts who are moderating
- Win prizes – there are plenty of chats where you can win amazing stuff!