Leaders who thrive have a passionate purpose in the work they do and contagious positivity. They also benefit from strong informal and formal networks which are focused on the creation of collaborative opportunities. Most importantly they recognize the importance of maintaining their energy and drive to excel.
Finding Your Passionate Purpose
The key to business success lies in that important mix of balancing passion with your strengths and focusing on the meaningful purpose and positive change you are creating for those you serve. Consider this equation when you are working: Passion + Daily Action = Purposeful Life
Here’s How to Get in Touch with Your Purpose:
- Lead with your heart not your head.
- Pay attention to what you feel compelled to do on a daily basis.
- Purposes are not permanent. Nothing is. Stop looking for something to do for the rest of your life – it might be possible to find something that lasts forever; but most likely it will simply change in accordance with your internal state and needs.
- Take time to positively frame your thoughts adopting a more constructive way to view your world, expand your horizons, and gain the resilience will help you to have the courage to go after what you truly want in your life.
Finding ways to stay energized is the key to ensuring you don’t burn out and makes your job easier in the long run. When we are active it is easier to think more clearly, be creative and do our work more efficiently. The saying “Work smarter, not harder” is a good rule of to follow. I personally find my best ideas come to me when I am on a walk or run feeding my energy fuel.
- Tracking your sleep and fitness time with a tool or app so that you stay motivated to stay healthy. I love my fitbit to keep me on track in my life.
- Schedule your workouts in your day.
- Schedule walking meetings .
Collborate, Gain Strength and Support in Your Networks
People with strong networks and good mentors enjoy more promotions, higher pay, and greater career satisfaction. Research also shows us that women tend to have smaller but deeper connections. Asking for help is critical for women who are building business opportunities. Don’t be afraid to ask for support. Look for ways to partner with alliances to gain more traction in the work you do.
- Help others, you never know who you will meet and who they are networked with.
- Don’t go into networking events with the ‘what is in it for me’ mentality.
- Creating a network takes time and commitment, don’t think it will happen overnight.
More Advice from our #MoreBizWomen Bloggers
- Blogger @cammipham “Skills are cheap, passion is priceless” bit.ly/cammiblog
- Blogger @ChancesMommy “Take care of your health” bit.ly/chancemommy
- Blogger @RossanaWyatt “Nurture Relationships” bit.ly/Rossanablog
- Blogger @CanadianMomeh “Your personality is your biz card” bit.ly/candianmomehblog
- Blogger @Bsainsbury Dream Big: bit.ly/Bonnieblog
- Tweeter Participant: @JourneyWoman More Biz Twitter
- Tweet List: https://twitter.com/WomenBizNetwork/lists/chat-morebizwomen
Celebrate with us!
Join Staples Canada to celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8th by visiting your local Staples store. Each store will be showcasing local entrepreneurs making a difference in their communities. Enjoy and save at these events with a 10% savings coupon.
Remember Staples Canada has everything a business needs to succeed. Discover how Staples products and services can help support your business needs throughout these events .
Tweet with Us and Win ! – Our chat will focus on Leading with Passion and Purpose
RSVP TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN PRIZES
OPTIMIZE YOUR BUSINESS MODELTO SCALE
with Our Resident Business Coach & Mentor Natasha Mitchell
Over time your business grows and your original model may need adjustments.
We will discuss:
- Refining the value proposition
- Optimizing profit
- Structure for scale