Giving back and supporting women at all levels is part of who we are and why we exist. We are on a mission to help all women succeed including those most vulnerable. We believe when women get the support they need they help whole communities achieve more wellbeing, peace, and prosperity:
- Women in Biz Network runs like a social enterprise. We passionately believe we are here to make a difference. We try our best to give and support women in need where ever we can. Whether it is donating memberships, group volunteering or donating time to charities and not for profits we do so because we get so much from helping others. We work with the following organizations Active for Life, Abuse Hurts, HerVolution and Canadian Women’s Foundation just to name a few. Learn more here.
We believe in:
- Mindfulness – The way to thrive in work, life, and play is to be mindful and present in everything you do. At every workshop, event or mastermind you attend you will notice that we always promote the mindful approach. What is mindfulness? Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us.
Community Oriented & Inclusive – You are not alone. Women, transgender, and non-binary people deserve a culture that celebrates our collective values. We also welcome persons with disabilities to join our network.
Compassionate – We value compassion when interacting with members. This is no room for gossip or judgments of others. Compassion starts with yourself and flows out to all community members.
Great Authentic Leadership – Great leaders are confident, resilient, focused (think mindful), honest, positive, decisive, and inspired. We believe learning leadership skills will make us more compassionate towards yourself and others.
Healthy Living Matters – By taking care of ourselves and our health we can be of better service and make a greater difference to the important people in our lives and our community.
- Financial Well-being – We value sustainable business practices and financial decisions that lead to a thriving business life and career. We believe in communicating and sharing sound financial literacy skills and wisdom. Women are often left in situations where they have to raise families on their own – we will do what we can support all women, regardless of their financial situation or economic status.
- Mentorship – We believe in the power of paying it forward, supporting collaboration over competition. Our members often become involved in mentoring and supporting other members. Together we are stronger.
Who is Women in Biz For?
We welcome WIBNM (Women in Biz Network Members) of all backgrounds with open minds. Joining Women in Biz Network, as a member or sponsor means becoming part of a community of inclusion. Bias, prejudice, racism, and hatred have no place within our community.
We welcome Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and people with disabilities.
Our programming focus is on supporting women but we welcome men who value equal opportunities for all, so please join us.
Who should join:
- Professional women in areas such as: business, not for profit organizations, service-based industries, technology, health, recreation, financial services, science and more
- HR professionals
- Women considering career changes
- Mission makers
- Women looking for mentorship opportunities
Women in Biz Network is:
- Down to earth
- Fun yet practical
- Family oriented + friendly
- Goal and service-driven
- Mission and community-oriented