Most kids have access to a camera or a mobile device that can take pictures, but how do they process what they see? How do they portray themselves? How do they communicate in the language of images in a digitally saturated society that produces over 60 billion images each month on Facebook alone?
This one-week intensive summer camp is designed to empower girls to express themselves through the art and craft of self-portrait photography. Through a series of creative photo assignments, field-trips, and slideshow presentations participants will be introduced to the creative fundamentals of photography such as composition, perspective, tone, space, timing and how to use light and shadow to create compelling and artistic photography. Participants will also learn basic photo-editing skills and curate a photo show for family and friends, and create and design a photo book featuring their self-portraits and writings.
This is an opportunity of a life time for the girls attending this camp as the experience does not involve learning about photography alone but, most importantly, about their self esteem intersecting technology and entrepreneurship.
The most valuable aspect of this camp is that the girls are able to share their learning by showcasing their end product to their family, friends and their community allowing them the opportunity to sell the photo books and make their money back. The girls will be able to go beyond making their money back and raise funds for their school, a charity of their choice and/or their college fund while spreading the important message of positive self esteem to girls around the world!
Girls will be engaged in fun and empowering hands-on and collaborative learning while having access to valuable resources allowing for self expression and becoming inspired to make the world a better place.
The camp will take place from August 11, 2014 until August 15, 2014 ( inclusive). The activities within this camp will be from 9 AM until 4 PM daily. The cost of the camp is $297 – use promo code WIBN for a 20% OFF the ticket price.
Can’t make it but still want to support girls from underprivileged households? Feel free to make a donation to support a girl from low income household to attend this life changing camp and give her the experience to last a life time.
How can people register?
What will attendees learn?
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Interactive and hands-on sessions
- Collaboration between all students involved
- Take the camera and photography learning experience to the next level by adding technology to the mix
- Boost girls’ self esteem by learning how to love themselves
- Presentation skills
- Girls will develop basic entrepreneurial skills by learning how to sell the book created during camp to create a return on your investment
Here are a few ideas on how the girls can make their money back:
- Invite family and friends from around the world to purchase a book online
- Ask friends and family members to purchase books online to raise money for their college fund or a charity
- Ask family and friends to buy a book online for the holidays/birthdays so that the girls can buy whatever they want as gift for themselves for these events.
Do you have a special offer or incentive for WIBN members (for the girls in their lives) to attend?
Yes! 20% OFF with the WIBN promo code