- Every month Women in Biz Members can speak live to a variety of mentors who will help with the challenges you have indicated on your membership application form and on our Members Only Facebook forum. The calls take place once a month for 1 hour via our live webinar. These calls are also recorded and cataloged in the “Members Only Tools Area” as well for listening for future reference.
- We also have a monthly Thrive Mentor Mastermind for Members with access to four mentors each month – Register here
- Twice a month we have Mentor Office Hours at SheCoSystem Coworking Space & Wellness
Mentorship matching areas for Mentor Her Biz Program ( 6-month, 1 on 1 mentor matching program)
- Business Management (Time management, Business planning, Technology and automation, Success strategies)
- Finance (Financial literacy, Raising capital, Small business accounting)
- Sales and Marketing (Customer acquisition, Brand development, Customer service, Book publishing, Networking, Events, Social media)
- Career Advice, Leadership and Productivity
More information about BEING a Mentor
More information about FINDING a Mentor
How much does this program cost?
The Mentor Her Biz program is a free program available to WIBN members: Buy a Membership
We welcome you to participate as both Mentor and Mentee and we’ll set you up with two mentoring relationships.
- 70% of small businesses that receive mentoring survive for five years or more, which is double the rate compared with non-mentored entrepreneurs
- Small businesses that receive mentoring are 20% more likely to experience growth than those that don’t (source: the Small Firms Enterprise Development Initiative)
- Despite these encouraging statistics, surprising evidence has emerged recently that suggests 42% of small-businesses owners have never consulted a mentor (source: Moore & Smalley accountancy survey)
- A Harvard Business Review study which finds that employees who are mentored make more money than those who are not.
- Mentees are more satisfied with their jobs, more committed to their careers and more willing to mentor others.
- A 2012 survey showed that 63 percent of women have never had a formal mentor. The reason? Most women feel uncomfortable asking for mentorship. Women represent 52% of college students, but we are not asking for the guidance which is vital to our career growth!
- 71% of Canadian women indicated that they would like to start their own business and 83% of them said having access to role models or mentors would be important to their success…. Read More Here
- Articles and Tips on Mentorship
- Additional Programs Entrepreneurial Mentorship Programs in Canada for Women
- Take the Pledge to Mentor a Women in Canada
Quotes on the importance of having a Mentor
- “As they say, advice is cheap, but mentorship is worth its weight in gold.”
- “Seek advice from multiple mentors”
- Know what you don’t know. Say I don’t know when you don’t know. ‘I don’t know’ is preferable to bravado”
- “A true mentoring relationship also works in both directions—they learn about new ideas from you just as you learn timeless wisdom from them.”
- “Be sure to set your sights on someone who could be a good role model, someone who has the skills and personality that match your chemistry.”
- “If you come off as someone who knows everything—or thinks you do—many people will back away. If you want to learn, be willing to consider ideas that may not match your expectations or opinions.”
- “[Don’t] assume that because you are successful or experienced in your field that you don’t need a mentor.”
Questions / Inquiries
If you have questions regarding this program or would like to inquire about becoming a sponsor please contact 1 (877) 886-0850 | email@example.com.
Conflict of interest Disclaimer
By submitting your application, you understand that you are to hold no financial investment in the business of the entrepreneur you are working with through Mentor Her Biz – The Small Business Mentorship Program for Women. All parties involved will immediately report any real, potential or perceived conflict of interest, personal interest, or competitive position of mentors or others involved with Women in Biz Network to a Women in Biz Network staff member.
Important note: By submitting my application, I understand that as a mentor participating in the Mentor Her Biz—The Small Business Mentorship Program for Women, any advice I provide in the course of the mentoring relationship is solely for educational purposes. I understand that the mentee will not rely upon my advice and/or statements as legal advice. I understand and agree this service is not intended for solicitation purposes, that is I will not request nor accept payment for any advice rendered.