Here is a list of frequent questions and answers to membership-related inquiries from our members:
How to find the mentorship matching application form? (For lifetime members only – 1-year mentor match)
- Click here to access the mentorship matching form – we are looking for mentors as well! Use the same application.
- Learn more about the mentorship program here
- Mentorship Guide
How do I add or edit my business directory listing?
- Click here to add your business directory listing
- If you have submitted it correctly you will get a message indicating that it will be processed.
- Within a few seconds, it will be live. You can find it easily by going to the home page – scroll to the very bottom of the page where you will see all new entries. Click on your entry.
- If you would like to see the entire directory click here.
How do I edit my business directory listing?
- Ensure you are signed in
- Go to the business directory
- On the top right-hand side, you will see the search box. Type your name. Select your entry.
- Choose “edit” (see screenshot below)
Using the Member Portal
Using the forward and backward buttons use the back arrow to access the portal menu. Here you will find a list of everything on the membership site. If you have completed any tasks on the pages it will show them completed with a coloured dot.
Joining Facebook and Linkedin Group pages:
What events do you have? What programs do you have?
- We have a monthly mastermind that meets online and in-person each month. Leigh Mitchell will send you an appointment request to attend the complimentary mastermind each month- RSVP HERE. Details are here.
- We also have an arrangement where WIBN members can attend the Company of Women/WIBN joint events at member prices. These include conferences, breakfast events, and evening networking events. These will be posted on our meetup page.
- Linkedin and Marketing training is available as well. Please contact us for a quote at email@example.com
Do you have any member discounts?
- Lots of them! Check them out by navigating the portal or click here
Lifetime memberships come with a deep dive session. How do I book that? What is the focus?
- Book a Session with Leigh Mitchell, Founder of Women in Biz Network (Brand & Career Strategist)The session is 1 hour and generally is only booked after you have filled out the mentorship application form. I will review the application form with you and get a sense of how I can best serve you as a member. Perhaps you need some referrals or you need some advice – this is a great opportunity to pick my brain during the deep dive session!
How long will it take me to be placed with a 1 on 1 mentor (Lifetime Members Only)
- The faster you fill out the application the faster I can place you. I generally like only to place mentors/mentees after we have had our deep dive session. The mentorship lasts from the time of your first session with your mentor and goes for 12 months. Sometimes mentees/mentors end up having calls beyond 12 months. The sessions are done over the phone or by video conferencing. If mentee/mentors want to meet in person that is fine but there is no obligation for the mentor to do so.
I am a basic member can I get matched with a mentor?
- No, you require a lifetime membership. We do have prorated opportunities to join. Please email Leigh at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss upgrading.
How else can I get involved?
- Our members love our mastermind program but if you have the time it is great to write on our site (fabulous to become known as an expert in your subject area) and participate by posting advice on our private Facebook group. The more you engage the more likely benefit will come from being a member.
I would need a referral- How do I ask for one?
- I would start by posting on our Facebook group or Slack Channel.
- Also, you can take a look at the business directory listing
- If you need some help with this we can discuss it on the deep dive session (lifetime members only)
How do I promote myself as a member?
- Write on our site – you can submit an event, or expert content (follow the arrows to submit content)
- Submit your business directory listing
- Submit your member spotlight that is included in our newsletter. Please complete the whole form so that it is interesting to read.
- Lifetime members are welcomed to be interviewed on our podcast. Here is the application form which allows you to select a date to be interviewed (lifetime members only)