We have an exciting part-time opportunity (with high potential to be full-time permanent) for an Insurance Administrative Assistant with one of our outstanding clients in Newmarket (York region). A growing insurance agency, with a people first philosophy, this is an exceptional opportunity for someone who’s looking for a change and also wants to learn and grow with a company long term.
The Insurance Administrative Assistant ensures the office runs smoothly and that the individual team members are supported at the insurance agency. You will be handling incoming phone calls and other communications, greeting clients and visitors, as well as managing files, updating paperwork and other documents, and performing other duties to service the clients with their Co-operators insurance products.
The role will work remotely temporarily because of COVID-19. The part-time hours are flexible and range from Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:00am to 2:00pm or Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Prepare insurance summaries, premium comparisons, and other supporting documentation for clients and producers
- Take customer payments by phone and in person and follow up with any late client payments
- Organize the office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures
- Assist brokers in their daily work including new quotes, application process and documentation.
- Maintain new and existing client relations, while providing exceptional customer service, including interacting with clients, answering client’s inquiries, taking, and following up on title insurance orders and effectively handling client concerns
- Sort and distribute communications from existing customers and insurance coverage inquiries in a timely manner
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Perform front desk receptionist duties
What Impressed Us:
From the moment we met with this client the idea of a “work family” stood out. They take pride in servicing their clients to a very high level and building relationships with them which fosters the team environment that exists within this small insurance agency. That is why the employees that work there have been there as long as they have. Personality is key to this position as insurance knowledge can be taught.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Pay: $18.00-$21.00/hour
- They value and look for self-driven, pro-active people who want to build a career with them
- Fantastic work experience to add to your existing skill set
- Potential for the role to turn into a full time permanent role & all that comes with it, such as health benefits, reimbursement for furthering your insurance education to name a few
- An insurance company that puts their client’s needs first and specifically work with clients who respect and value their expertise
What is Needed From You:
- Minimum of 2 years in a customer service, administrative assistant or related business experience is required
- Exceptional customer service skills especially when it comes to building relationships
- An eagerness & drive to want to learn more to grow and develop with a company for the long term
- Superior communication skills (verbal, telephone, & written), organization, time management, client service, decision making
- High ability to be flexible, adaptable so you can shift priorities
- Comfortable in a technology dependent environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Having your General Insurance License of OTL or RIBO is considered an asset
Our client is committed to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to employing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities and Members in which we live and serve.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in our client.