At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
The Grants Specialist performs compliance assessments of funding requests received by Janssen inc. for grants and charitable donations. This individual employs an in-depth understanding of the compliance and regulatory environments, and proactively identifies and escalates process deficiencies, partnering with compliance functions, Medical Affairs, and Access teams to identify and deploy solutions.
- Provide oversight of the online grants platform and the submissions received for funding requests related to medical education grants, patient organization grants and charitable donations, while being the key contact for applicants, offering clarification and support regarding the online application process.
- In collaboration with Grants Manager, lead initial compliance review based on internal and external regulations (including policies related to global healthcare compliance, legal, finance and local healthcare engagement procedures) and present recommendations to internal business partners for consideration, in a timely manner.
- Monitor the grants platform and identify required updates to support improved efficiencies and effectiveness in the funding process while providing consultative advice on the implementation of Healthcare Engagement, Finance and Legal policies and procedures with a solutions-oriented focus.
- Lead the development of robust training initiatives in collaboration with Healthcare Engagement Specialist and Medical Learning and development for funding request processes and systems to enhance business capabilities and knowledge of HCC, Finance and Legal policies and procedures.
- Provide support in leading complex escalations and process deficiencies and partners with HCC, Communications, Finance and Legal senior leadership to ensure corrective actions align with corporate policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of local Grants Management SOPs to describe the Healthcare Engagement process at Janssen Inc., ensuring ongoing alignment with HCC, Communications, Legal, and Finance SOPs and guidance documents.
- Holds a Bachelor degree in science, ethics & compliance or healthcare. A postgraduate degree is an asset
- Minimum 5 years of business experience in compliance, grants management, quality systems, healthcare compliance
- Knowledge and experience within regulated environments (ie. pharmaceuticals, healthcare)
- Demonstrated experience implementing new or revised compliance requirements or regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate and influence in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills combined with a project management experience in a complex and changing environment
- Ability to move from a vision to handling small details, ability to keep to deadlines and follow processes
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
- Global parental leave for all new parents (maternal, paternal, adoptive or surrogacy-assisted).
- Global exercise reimbursement.
- Two weeks off (one of them fully paid) for volunteer work.
Canada-Ontario-Toronto-19 Green Belt Drive
Janssen Inc. (7710)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jnj.com.