Time: Thursday, April 12, 2012 from 6:30-8:30 pm
Location: Opus Hotel, 322 Davie Street, Vancouver, BC
Cost: $35 Members, $45 Non Members
What’s Included: Reception & Fire Starter Sessions Book by Danielle LaPorte
The Fire Starter Sessions is an apathy-kicking, integrity-infusing guide to defining success on your own terms.
As the creator of DanielleLaPorte.com–deemed “the best place online for kick-ass spirituality,” Danielle LaPorte’s straight-talk life-and-livelihood sermons have been read by over one million people.
Bold but empathetic, she reframes popular self-help and success concepts:
- Life balance is a myth, and the pursuit of it is causing us more stress then the craving for balance itself.
- Being well-rounded is over-rated. When you focus on developing your true strengths, you enter your mastery zone.
- Screw your principles (they might be holding you back).
- We have ambition backwards. Getting clear on how you want to feel in your life + work is
more important than setting goals.
It’s the most potent form of clarity that you can have, and it’s what leads to true fulfillment.
A former think tank exec, business strategist and publicist, Danielle LaPorte is one of the most popular—and original—personal development and career-advice writers online. Forty-something, tattooed, and versed in Buddhism and P&L statements, Danielle is a gifted motivational speaker, and has been featured in Elle, Body + Soul, More, Vogue Australia, Better Homes and Gardens, Globe and Mail, the National Post, Huffington Post, Entertainment Tonight, USA Today and BusinessWeek.com.
- A copy of Danielle’s New Book Fire Starter Sessions
- A reception with appetizers and glass of wine
- Discussion with Danielle, followed by a Q & A
Tickets are non refundable or exchangable for a future event.
This event is hosted by Women in Biz Network and proudly sponsored by:
Please tweet with us before the event at @womenbiznetwork and let us know you are coming!